LENT 2022: Glittering Vices: Greed - Pastor Kent Landhuis
THEME - Sin destroys our souls. Jesus restores our souls on the cross.
TEXTS - Matthew 10:17-26 James 1:12-15
To what is your soul most attached?
A. What ground rules guide us? James 1:12-15.
- Own your own sin.
- No secret sin.
- Confession brings hope.
B. What keeps us from Jesus? Matthew 10:16-22.
- Greed: Inner attachment to wealth and possessions.
- Now I had discovered the great pearl. To buy it, I had to sell everything that I had; and I hesitated. (Augustine, Confessions)
- What good is it to gain the whole world and lose your soul? (Matthew 16:26)
C. What draws us toward Jesus? Matthew 10:23-26.
- God does the impossible.
- Salvation brings life to the dead soul.
- Sanctification wakes the sleeping soul.
D. Next Steps
- Look at your own soul.
- What inner attachments keep you from Jesus?
- Confess your greed.
- Go live in freedom!
SUPPORT THE MINISTRY OF CEDAR HILLSSupport the show