WALKING WITH JESUS: Jesus and Fruit
THEME – The Father is glorified by much fruit.
TEXT – John 15:1-8
Three Types of Fruit in the Bible
- Character Fruit – Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Conduct Fruit – Fruit of Righteousness (Philippians 1:11)
- Convert Fruit – Making new disciples (Romans 7:4-5)
The Story of the Vineyard (John 15:1-8)
- Jesus is the vine.
- God the Father is the gardener.
- Grapes are a symbol of blessing/abiding.
Four Levels of Fruit Bearing from John 15
- No Fruit.
- More Fruit
- Much Fruit
Barriers of Fruit Bearing - to move from…
- No fruit to fruit: Address Sin. (John 15:2a)
- Fruit to more fruit: Accept Pruning. (John 15:2b)
- More fruit to much fruit: Abide in Jesus. (John 15:5)
Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-20)
- A talent is 1.4 million dollars.
- Jesus is the master. We are the investment.
- The Kingdom of God is a sure investment! Don’t bury His investment in you.
Support the show
- Confess sin.
- Accept the pruning.
- Choose to abide solely in Jesus.
- Follow the Holy Spirit.