WALKING WITH JESUS: Relational & Intentional
THEME – Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men
TEXT – Matthew 4:19, 1 Corinthians 4:15-17
1. Discipleship is NOT information transfer, but learning to obediently walk as Jesus walked.
2. Discipleship is caught, not taught.
3. Discipleship is like spiritual parenting. (1 Corinthians 4:15-17)
4. Discipleship is relational and intentional. (Luke 5:27-32)
5. Discipleship is our purpose. (Matthew 28:19-20)
6. Being a disciple is like being a part of a family.
"While loneliness and isolation are unavoidable realities of living in this fallen world, relationships give richness and growth to our lives. God created us for connection. Fullness comes to us when we have a solid vertical connection with God and strong horizontal connections with others we can pour our love into." ~ Rabbi Sobel
1. Am I willing to ask God to give me the name of someone who can disciple me? And am I brave enough to ask them to be my spiritual mentor/parent?
2. Am I willing to pray and ask God for the names of a few people He is calling me to disciple? And be brave enough to reach out to them when God creates opportunities?
3. What is one way I can be more intentional in my relationships? How can I ask more meaningful questions?Support the show