Thoughts and Prayers: Big Prayers
Pastor Kent Landhuis
THEME - We pray big, bold prayers because we have an advocate.
TEXT - John 17:1-26
Review - we pray simple prayers of trust in our Father. We leap and he catches us.
L - Look to your Father.
E - Expect the Best.
A - Act like a Kid.
P - Put your trust in God.
Jesus prays a big, bold prayer. (High Priestly Prayer)
- Jesus prays for himself. (1-5)
- Jesus prays for the 12 disciples. (6-19)
- Jesus prays for all believers. (20-26)
Jesus intercedes for us.
- Faith/faithfulness (11-16)
- Sanctification/consecration (17-19)God’s glory.
- Community/Community (20-23)
- Glory/fruitfulness (24-26)
Jesus pleads our case before the judge.
- Hebrews 4:14-16 - "Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
- Hebrews 10:19-23 - "Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful"
- Confess your need for an advocate.
- Trust in the work of Jesus.
- Pray big, bold prayers.
SUPPORT THE MINISTRY OF CEDAR HILLS
Support the show