Thoughts and Prayers: God-Centered Prayers
Pastor Kent Landhuis
THEME - God-centered prayers change us.
TEXT - John 12:20-36
1. We pray simple prayers of trust in our Father. We leap and he catches us.
- * L - Look to your Father.
- * E - Expect the Best.
- * A - Act like a Kid.
- * P - Put your trust in God.
2. We have the confidence to ask anything because Jesus is our advocate.
- * Hebrews 10:23 ~ Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
- * John 12:20-36
1. Father, glorify your name.
- * John 12:23 ~ Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.”
- * John 12:28 ~ Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.”
- * 2 Corinthians 5:17
2. Father, connect me to you.
- * James 4:7-8 ~ Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
- * Hebrews 10:22 ~ Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
3. Father, disrupt my life.
- * Isaiah 64:6-8.
- * Luke 9:23-25 ~Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?
- * Pray heart-softening prayers.
- * Father, glorify your name.
- * Father, connect me to you.
- * Father, disrupt my life.
- * Trust God to be God.
Support the show