Thoughts and Prayers: Trusting Prayers
Pastor Kent Landhuis
THEME - Jesus demonstrates postures that lead to trusting God.
TEXT - Luke 23:46
1. We pray simple prayers of trust in our Father. We L.E.A.P. and he catches us.
L - Look to your Father.
E - Expect the Best.
A - Act like a Kid.
P - Put your trust in God.
2. We have the confidence to ask anything because Jesus is our advocate. He who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23
3. We pray God-glorifying prayers that help us connect with God even if it disrupts our lives. God is the potter, we are the clay. John 12:20-36
4. We pray passionate prayers as Jesus prayed in the Garden and we trust that God will help us remain vigilant. Matthew 26:36-46
5. We need forgiveness, God wants to forgive and Jesus offers forgiveness so we are the kind of people who forgive others. Luke 23:33
Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
Three postures that lead to trusting God.
2. Humble Abandonment.
3. Prayerful Surrender.