LIFE TOGETHER: Love Your Neighbor – Steve Poole
THEME – It is Not Good for Man to Be Alone (Genesis 2:18)
TEXT – Luke 10:25-37
1. Who is my neighbor?
· Notice the motives.
· Jesus extends the idea of ‘neighbor’ to uncomfortable places.
· “Go and do likewise…” Luke 10:37
2. Why do we love our neighbor? How about this scenario:
· What if Jesus is the Good Samaritan and we are the inn keeper?
· What if the injured person is an unbeliever?
3. Two major hurdles to the hospitality involved in loving our neighbor:
· We feel uncomfortable inviting people into our homes/lives because_________.
· We don’t feel confident in sharing our faith because___________
4. Tools to make hospitality easier (from The Simplest Way to Change the World by Dustin Willis and Brandon Clements)
· The ‘ALWAYS rule’
· Make a plan – weekly, monthly, yearly
· Use your passions
1. Practice GOSPEL this week so you are confident in communicating the Gospel story.
2. Practice the “ALWAYS Rule” this week
3. Make a plan – put hospitality on your calendar.
SUPPORT THE MINISTRY OF CEDAR HILLS