Jesus on Every Page
History - God’s Special People – Pastor Kent Landhuis
THEME - Biblical narrative is history. The narrative tells us about God’s character and God’s plan for us.
TEXT - Joshua 1:1-9
1. The Bible uses hundreds of stories to tell one story.
2. The narrative portions of the Bible are history.
* God is the hero of the story.
* These stories are true.
* Stories tell what happened.
* Stories are incomplete.
* Stories are descriptive, not prescriptive.
3. God keeps his promises.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be
discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
1. Dig deeper at Bibleproject.com
2. Be encouraged - God is in control of history.